Jam-packed with thinly sliced vegetables, our simple slaw is quick, healthy and delicious. The best part? You can have it on the table in less than 10 minutes.
What you’ll need
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Take a screenshot if you’re heading to the supermarket:
- Red onion
- Red cabbage
- Plain yoghurt (or mayonnaise)
- Whole grain mustard
How to make a simple slaw
Start by preparing the vegetables. We like to grate the carrot, and finely slice the red cabbage, onion, and apple. You could use a mandolin if you have one to speed things up. We don’t have mandolin so always opt for chopping by hand.
Next, mix together the plain yoghurt, lemon juice and wholegrain mustard. Add your prepared vegetables to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined and covered with the yoghurt. Et voila! Your slaw is good to go.
What to serve with slaw
It goes without saying that this is a really versatile side dish. To give you some inspiration we like to serve it at BBQs, alongside our masala fried chicken, as part of a salad, or with spicy Korean chicken drumsticks.
If you make this or any of our recipes, don’t forget to tag us on Instagram! @peckish_couple
- 200 grams red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 3 tbsp plain yoghurt or mayonnaise
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice and wholegrain mustard.
- Add your prepared vegetables to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined and covered with the yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!